“First things first” nutrition means 3 key actions must be dialed in first before focusing on more specific lifestyle nutritional components. Below is one simple “workout” that is geared towards a “what would be better” approach rather than an “all or nothing” approach. This workout requires practicing self-awareness of current actions and moving toward “better” actions – 1 step better. This workout will look simple, but can be very difficult to put into practice. Do not overthink these 3 key points. It is manageable. Whether this simple exercise is followed or not, in the end these 3 key actions are what we are striving for in the end anyway! Let’s take a look at each one below:
“BETTER” EATING HABITS ON A DAILY BASIS MUST BE PRACTICED.
• Eat better wholesome, hearty morning meals at home.
• Pack better satisfying, planned-ahead meals for work.
• Bring better satiating, smaller meals when on the go.
• Pick better healthy menu meals at a restaurant.
• Fix better whole food meals for evening appetites.
“BETTER” MEAL PLANNING ON A DAILY BASIS MUST NOT BE OVERLOOKED.
• Stock better foods and drinks in cabinets, refrigerator/s, & freezer/s.
• Choose better proteins, carbohydrates, and fats when planning each meal.
• Follow better recipes to discover new varieties, tastes, and flavors.
• Set aside better times to plan and prepare meals.
• Learn about better nutrient-dense rich foods.
“BETTER” GROCERY SHOPPING & FOOD LISTS MUST BE IMPLEMENTED.
• Create better well thought-out grocery lists.
• Find better ingredients on food labels.
• Choose better foods that improve energy levels.
• Think better foods for overall health & gut health.
• Include better nutrient-dense rich foods.
BETTER actions + REPEATED daily = New SUSTAINABLE habits!